- February – Feminism is for Everybody by bell hooks (Amy)
- March – The Book of the City of Ladies by Christine De Pizan (Jean)
- April – Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity by Julia Serano (Cass)
- May – Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë read alongside Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys (Iris)
- June – Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg (Emily)
- July – Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (Nancy)
- August – The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison (Lauren)
- September – Borderlands/La Frontera by Gloria Anzaldua (Melissa)
- October – The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan (Jodie)
- November – Beyond the Veil by Fatema Mernissi (Ana)
- December – Women, Race, and Class by Angela Davis (Emily Jane)
- January – Feminism Without Borders: Decolonizing Theory, Practising Solidarity by Chandra Talpade Mohanty (Eva)
It is Long-Awaited Reads Month! Sometimes I think I had better stick to this event's idea all year.
Music: Amanda Applewood's "I Love Boys". Ana pointed the album out to me ages ago, but I have only really started listening to it now.
Other: Life is incredibly busy lately, which means that I cannot be on the internet as regularly as I'd like. Apologies if your comment and/or email has not received a prompt reply: I aim to catch up asap.
Projects & Etcetera
- Religion in Jane Eyre
- Jane Eyre: Loving Mr. Rochester?
- Women Unbound nr. 8: Under Western Eyes by Chandra Talpade Mohanty
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Pride and Prejudice in Comic Book Format
- Observations on Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
- The Coquette by Hannah Webster Foster
- Candide, or Optimism by Voltaire
- Dreams of Trespass - Fatima Mernissi
- Jane Eyre: Madness, Prejudice and "Responsible Reading"?
Books Read This Year: