- February – Feminism is for Everybody by bell hooks (Amy)
- March – The Book of the City of Ladies by Christine De Pizan (Jean)
- April – Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity by Julia Serano (Cass)
- May – Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë read alongside Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys (Iris)
- June – Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg (Emily)
- July – Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (Nancy)
- August – The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison (Lauren)
- September – Borderlands/La Frontera by Gloria Anzaldua (Melissa)
- October – The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan (Jodie)
- November – Beyond the Veil by Fatema Mernissi (Ana)
- December – Women, Race, and Class by Angela Davis (Emily Jane)
- January – Feminism Without Borders: Decolonizing Theory, Practising Solidarity by Chandra Talpade Mohanty (Eva)
The TBR pile is teasing me and distracting me from other reading plans. It keeps whispering that there is a whole library at home, so why go out and buy or loan other books? But it is so hard to resist! One of these days I need a proper resolution for the mountains of TBR books.
Music: The Veils (my all-time-favourite, you-have-to-listen-to-this, or-better-yet-go-see-them-live, band) has released their new album "Time Stays, We Go". It is as good, perhaps even better, than their previous three.
Other: Life is incredibly busy lately, which means that I cannot be on the internet as regularly as I'd like. Apologies if your comment and/or email has not received a prompt reply: I aim to catch up soon.
Projects & Etcetera
- Dutch Lit Fortnight Plans
- I ended up buying too many books..
- Religion in Jane Eyre
- Jane Eyre: Loving Mr. Rochester?
- Book Index
- Milton and Helstone [North & South Read Along]
- Orange Reading: The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives by Lola Shoneyin
- Bitter Herbs by Marga Minco
- Books 2013
- Dutch Literature: Children's Books
50 Books in a Year
Click On Your Favourite Word1% well-read Anna Karenina Astrid Lindgren Austen A Year of Feminist Classics BBAW Charlotte Brontë Dutch Lit Month E.M. Delafield Elizabeth Gaskell Elizabeth von Arnim Fairy Tales feminism Gender Girlebooks Giveaway Harry Mulisch Incoming Books In My Mailbox Jane Austen Jane Eyre Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell Library Loot Long Awaited Reads Month Monthly Wrap-Up Nordic Challenge NYRB-project Orange Prize Orange Prize Longlist OWC-project Patrick Ness Peirene Press Persephone read-a-thon Read Along reading challenges Religion RIP VII Sunday Salon The Discovery of Heaven Thursday Tea Tolstoy Virago Modern Classics War and Peace women unbound