- January: A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft AND So Long a Letter by Mariama Ba - Amy
- February: The Subjection of Women by John Stuart Mill and Harriet Taylor Mill (post on part I) - Ana
- March: A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen - Emily
- April: Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman - Iris
- May: A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf - Ana
- June: God Dies by the Nile by Nawal Saadawi - Amy
- July: The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir (post on part I)- Iris
- August: The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston - Emily
- September: The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf - Amy
- October: Ain’t I a Woman? by bell hooks AND Third World Women and the Politics of Feminism Anthology - Iris
- November: Gender Trouble by Judith Butler - Ana
- December: Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde - Emily
It is Long-Awaited Reads Month! Sometimes I think I had better stick to this event's idea all year.
Music: Amanda Applewood's "I Love Boys". Ana pointed the album out to me ages ago, but I have only really started listening to it now.
Other: Life is incredibly busy lately, which means that I cannot be on the internet as regularly as I'd like. Apologies if your comment and/or email has not received a prompt reply: I aim to catch up asap.
Projects & Etcetera
- Religion in Jane Eyre
- Jane Eyre: Loving Mr. Rochester?
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Women Unbound nr. 8: Under Western Eyes by Chandra Talpade Mohanty
- Candide, or Optimism by Voltaire
- Pride and Prejudice in Comic Book Format
- Observations on Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
- The Coquette by Hannah Webster Foster
- Dreams of Trespass - Fatima Mernissi
- Jane Eyre: Madness, Prejudice and "Responsible Reading"?
Books Read This Year: