- January: A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft AND So Long a Letter by Mariama Ba - Amy
- February: The Subjection of Women by John Stuart Mill and Harriet Taylor Mill (post on part I) - Ana
- March: A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen - Emily
- April: Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman - Iris
- May: A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf - Ana
- June: God Dies by the Nile by Nawal Saadawi - Amy
- July: The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir (post on part I)- Iris
- August: The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston - Emily
- September: The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf - Amy
- October: Ain’t I a Woman? by bell hooks AND Third World Women and the Politics of Feminism Anthology - Iris
- November: Gender Trouble by Judith Butler - Ana
- December: Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde - Emily
The TBR pile is teasing me and distracting me from other reading plans. It keeps whispering that there is a whole library at home, so why go out and buy or loan other books? But it is so hard to resist! One of these days I need a proper resolution for the mountains of TBR books.
Music: The Veils (my all-time-favourite, you-have-to-listen-to-this, or-better-yet-go-see-them-live, band) has released their new album "Time Stays, We Go". It is as good, perhaps even better, than their previous three.
Other: Life is incredibly busy lately, which means that I cannot be on the internet as regularly as I'd like. Apologies if your comment and/or email has not received a prompt reply: I aim to catch up soon.
Projects & Etcetera
- Religion in Jane Eyre
- Book Index
- I ended up buying too many books..
- Bitter Herbs by Marga Minco
- Jane Eyre: Loving Mr. Rochester?
- Orange Reading: The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives by Lola Shoneyin
- Milton and Helstone [North & South Read Along]
- Books 2013
- My first audiobook, or re-reading Harry Potter
- Dutch Literature: Children's Books
50 Books in a Year
Click On Your Favourite Word1% well-read Anna Karenina Astrid Lindgren Austen A Year of Feminist Classics BBAW Charlotte Brontë Dutch Lit Month E.M. Delafield Elizabeth Gaskell Elizabeth von Arnim Fairy Tales feminism Gender Girlebooks Giveaway Harry Mulisch Incoming Books In My Mailbox Jane Austen Jane Eyre Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell Library Loot Long Awaited Reads Month Monthly Wrap-Up Nordic Challenge NYRB-project Orange Prize Orange Prize Longlist OWC-project Patrick Ness Peirene Press Persephone read-a-thon Read Along reading challenges Religion RIP VII Sunday Salon The Discovery of Heaven Thursday Tea Tolstoy Virago Modern Classics War and Peace women unbound