Shelf Selection August

Since I bought so many books in the past months, I figured I should aim to select present reads from my own shelves and not visit the library all that often for regular reads (I will still use it for audiobooks and possible read alongs). However, that would mean no Library Loot posts ad I would miss them as they seem to give a quick overview of your immediate reading plans. So I figured I could do I ‘library loot’ style post from my own shelves every month or so.. Hopefully it will help me remember all the wonderful books I already have on my shelves, helping me to read instead of buy more ;-)

There we go:

You can also find this on my instagram profile, which I hope to actually use from now on.

You can also find this on my instagram profile, which I hope to actually start using from now on.

Now, I should admit that I have already finished reading The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, but it was August when I read it so I figured I had better include it.

To Kill a Mockingbird is for a joint read with Amy and Hannah. Perhaps it will allow me to finally add this classic to my ‘read’ pile? I think this must be one of the books that has been on my shelves longest without getting read.

Hah, I just realised I should probably picture War and Peace in every single one of these until the end of the year? You will just have to imagine it for this month..

Anything you’d recommend in particular?

14 thoughts on “Shelf Selection August

1. Leeswammes

Great idea to do a Library Loot from your shelves! I read To Kill a Mockingbird last month and thought it was very good. It’s quite a quick read, too.

I’ve started choosing one or more random books from my to-read shelves every month. I’ve got my books in Shelfari (like goodreads), draw a random.org number and count down the listing. So far, I’ve only got books that I was very happy to read at that moment. :-)

That’s a really interesting system! Perhaps I should start doing that with the books as I’ve listed them in Librarything? Perhaps I’ll give it a try in September :)

2. Jenny @ Reading the End (formerly Jenny's Books)

One thing that I’ve done to remind myself to read from my shelves is to pull a small selection of TBR books each month and put them in a special place on my bookshelves, as like, assigned reading. It’s good because it makes the problem smaller, and I also get to choose which TBR books I feel like dealing with that month.

I of course always advocate for reading more Diana Wynne Jones, by the way! Read all those ones!

3. sandynawrot

I’ve been doing posts like this on what I’ve added lately on my iPod. Otherwise I forget! Maybe someday I will gravitate to my shelves. I bet I find things there that I never knew I had!

4. jessicabookworm

I read To Kill a Mockingbird back when I was in high school. I remember it being thought-provoking. I think I really need to re-read it though because I think I’ve forgotten a lot of it.

5. Alice

To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my favourite books, I’ve never met anyone who hasn’t enjoyed it. Lovely to-read pile there, lots of good stock to choose from.

6. Charlie

Love this idea, Iris! I’ve only read Charmed Life (and seen the anime of Howl’s Moving Castle but have heard they’re not similar enough) but one book was enough for me to recommend DWJ. That said I doubt you need a recommendation for her! :)

7. Vasilly

To Kill a Mockingbird is a fantastic book.Oranges are not the Only Fruit is a book I’ve been meaning to read also. I hope you enjoy your stack.

8. Pingback: August Reads | Asha's Literary Corner

9. Bookworm1858

To Kill a Mockingbird is fantastic-hope you get to cross it off your list this month! (Also get War and Peace in next week’s shot-we know you’re working on it :)