Regular posting will resume this week (hey, I managed to get three post scheduled this weekend, I’m so proud of myself!), but I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your very kind messages on the post about my blog anniversary! They were absolutely heartwarming and I am honestly a little stunned at how kind all of you are! I knew you were, but it still touched me deeply to read those words. I will take the time to respond to them properly during the upcoming week (so sorry I have not done so yet), but for now: thank you so much!
It is Long-Awaited Reads Month! Sometimes I think I had better stick to this event's idea all year.
Music: Amanda Applewood's "I Love Boys". Ana pointed the album out to me ages ago, but I have only really started listening to it now.
Other: Life is incredibly busy lately, which means that I cannot be on the internet as regularly as I'd like. Apologies if your comment and/or email has not received a prompt reply: I aim to catch up asap.
Projects & Etcetera
- Jane Eyre: Loving Mr. Rochester?
- Observations on Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
- Jane Eyre: Madness, Prejudice and "Responsible Reading"?
- Religion in Jane Eyre
- "A Perfect Misanthropist's Heaven": Taking on Wuthering Heights
- My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier
- Slam by Nick Hornby
- Dreams of Trespass - Fatima Mernissi
- The Coquette by Hannah Webster Foster
- Dutch Literature: Children's Books
Books Read This Year: