Interlude.. New Books!

I had planned to share my thoughts about either Every Seventh Wave or The Best of all Possible Worlds today, but I have been hit with another cold since this weekend and my head does not deal well with the foggy feeling that usually accompanies colds, so instead.. I’m giving you a picture of books I bought recently.

I had occasion to visit Amsterdam last week (Bas won free tickets to see Biffy Clyro’s concert – which was great even with a slight fever and said cold). Every time I visit Amsterdam I look for bargain books in English. I was a little amazed at my finds. So many of these have been on my wish list for a long time. Mostly because of the wonderful Ana (or in any case for the top three ones).

Here goes:

Incoming books.. february

Yes, your eyes do not deceive you, I managed to find:

• Redemption in Indigo by Karen Lord
  • The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugines
  • Delusions of Gender by Cordelia Fine
  • Love in a Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford
  • In Other Rooms, Other Wonders by Daniyal Mueenuddin

in one go :D

Any you would particularly suggest I start with? Or would you perhaps like to read one together as a sort-of improvised read along? Either way, I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

15 thoughts on “Interlude.. New Books!

1. Julia

I just finished In Other Rooms, Other Wonders and still can’t decide what I thought of it. I’d love to hear your thoughts! And The Virgin Suicides is creepy and wonderful. I hope you enjoy it.

2. sakura

I’ve got a copy of The Virgin Suicides. I loved the film and also loved Middlesex so looking forward to reading this at some point. Enjoy your finds!

3. REDWARDS

Do start with Eugenides! I am curious to know where you got the books and if you also have suggestions for used book stores in Amsterdam that you love going to!

4. zibilee

Nice stack! I would start with In Other Rooms, Other Wonders, because the title intrigues, and I have heard a lot of good things about it. Also because you are particularly erudite, and I would love to hear what you have to say about it. Get better soon!

5. Eva

Redemption in Indigo!!! (That being said, the only other two I’ve read from your stack are Virgin Suicides, which was so long ago I barely remember it, and the Mitford, which I’m the only book blogger ever to not like.)

6. Elena

The Virgin Suicides is a great film and I really thought of reading the book when I saw the movie for the first time – shame on me – some months ago.