Even though the burning of the Koran seems to have been called off (or is it? I can’t seem to keep up with the changing opinions on this one), I still want to share this Librarything initiative because I like the idea so much: An Impromptu Interfaith Solidarity Readathing that is being held this Saturday. There is never too much reading about each other’s religion going on, so please consider joining.
At the moment, I try to live by the "Whatever I feel like reading!" adagium
Music: Amanda Applewood's "I Love Boys". Ana pointed the album out to me ages ago, but I have only really started listening to it now.
Other: Life is incredibly busy lately, which means that I cannot be on the internet as regularly as I'd like. Apologies if your comment and/or email has not received a prompt reply: I aim to catch up asap.
Projects & Etcetera
- Slam by Nick Hornby
- The Orange Girl by Jostein Gaarder
- Jane Eyre: Loving Mr. Rochester?
- Milton and Helstone [North & South Read Along]
- The Beggar Maid by Alice Munro
- The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice
- Observations on Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
- A Vindication of the Rights of Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft
- Max Havelaar by Multatuli (Eduard Douwes Dekker)
- Long-Awaited Reads Month 2014
100 Books in a Year